Windows: PG Service Won't Start

From: CSN <cool_screen_name90001(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Windows: PG Service Won't Start
Date: 2005-10-01 22:08:03
Lists: pgsql-ports

My computer crashed, and when I try to start the
PostgreSQL service I get this message:

"The PostgreSQL Database Server 8.0 service on Local
Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop
automatically if they have no work to do, for example,
the Performance Logs and Alerts service."

I looked in PG's logs and there's nothing - the last
log is from Sep. 30 (and it doesn't contain anything
of note). Any idea what the problem is and how to get
PG running again?

PG 8.x
Windows XP Pro

Thanks,