Re: postmaster does not start

From: "Toon van Doorn" <tvdoorn(at)reto(dot)nl>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postmaster does not start
Date: 2005-09-28 14:33:40
Lists: pgsql-php

###Logfile says:
IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget(key=5432004, num=17, 03600) failed: No space left
on device

This error does *not* mean that you have run out of disk space.

It occurs when either the system limit for the maximum number of
semaphore sets (SEMMNI), or the system wide maximum number of
semaphores (SEMMNS), would be exceeded. You need to raise the
respective kernel parameter. Alternatively, reduce PostgreSQL's
consumption of semaphores by reducing its max_connections parameter
(currently 64).

The PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide contains more information about
configuring your system for PostgreSQL.
I lowered the
#max_connections = 64
max_connections = 32

And it started perfectly thanks for the help

Greetz Toon.

(Yeah Dutch)