Re: simple Q about postgreSQL,,,,,plz help

From: Anand Kumria <wildfire(at)progsoc(dot)uts(dot)edu(dot)au>
To: Chris Smith <chris(at)interspire(dot)com>
Cc: "Shaimaa A(dot)N" <shaimaa_an(at)yahoo(dot)com>, sydpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: simple Q about postgreSQL,,,,,plz help
Date: 2005-09-26 22:46:44
Lists: sydpug

Hi Chris,

> Shaimaa A.N wrote:
> >hi....
> >this is my first Q>>>>>i wanna know if the postgreSQL support object
> >oriented ....becouse our doctor want us to make our final project in
> >database using postgreSQL and object oriented,,,,then connect the site
> >by PHP....plz help me....

This sounds like a typical plea from someone who isn't interested in
doing any thinking/work for themselves. I find they are best ignored.

But anyway

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 10:25:25AM +1000, Chris Smith wrote:
> Postgresql isn't an object oriented database.

It's possible that the person asking was actually trying to ask if
PostgreSQL is object-relational, which it is.

Speaking of which - has anyone ever used the OR capabilities of
Postgresql? It might make for an interesting talk.

Cheers,
Anand

--
`When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to
its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are