Question on Cursor

From: Anusha Srinivasan <anusha1932(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question on Cursor
Date: 2005-09-20 13:36:51
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi ,

I want to fetch 1000 records at a time from a
relation. Iam using CURSOR for this purpose . I tried
with the following approach, the problem with this is
the first row is stored in temp , but Iam not sure how
to retrieve the info back from that. The following
FETCH ALL leaves the entry which went into temp.
I want to store 1000 records at a time and want to
print it back . Can anybody guide me in this .

drop function reffunc(refcursor);

CREATE FUNCTION reffunc(refcursor) RETURNS refcursor
AS '
declare
temp varchar(2);
BEGIN