Re: Intsall 8.03 on Redhat ES 3

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Intsall 8.03 on Redhat ES 3
Date: 2005-09-13 15:44:49
Lists: pgsql-novice

--- Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 14 Aug 2005, rbradley wrote:
>
> > Is there someone out there that can explain to us
> mortals how to get
> > Postgresql 8.0.3 server successfully installed on
> Red Hat ES 3? I finally got
> > 7.3.10 to install but no matter what other version
> I try I get a list of
> > dependencies, I try to install different rpm to
> meet the dependencies and they
> > have dependencies -
>
> This is an RPM feature. You should supply those
> dependencies.
>
> If you write the exact messages, we can guide you to
> the correct RPMs.
>
> Regards,

i'm a little late to the party, but...

i read in "php and postgresql advanced web
programming" that...

# rpm -Uvh *rpm

should get the trick done (at least on the version at
the time it was printed).

it also mentions that a package named "mx" may be
missing on some systems and this will cause the rpm to
fail. "mx" isn't required for pgsql to run.

if this is the case, the recommended course of action
is...

# rpm -Uvh *rpm --nodeps

i don't now how relevant this is, but i do hope it is
accurate b/c i will be following it at some point in
the future.

http://mail.yahoo.com