Re: Performance issue

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Ricky Sutanto <ricky(dot)sutanto(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Performance issue
Date: 2005-08-30 12:42:09
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 15:42:06 +0700,
Ricky Sutanto <ricky(dot)sutanto(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I use Apache Web Server and PostgreSQL 7.3 to collect data everyday. Now it
> has been 5 month since I install that server.
>
> I wonder why now my web very slow to retrieve and display data?
> When I check the memory, I found that postgreSQL client seem not release
> after allocate. I try to find bug on my script, but everything look clean to
> me.
>
> Anyone have experience like me.. please share info with me

You haven't given us much to go on. You might have a problem with not properly
vacuuming or analyzing or perhaps an issue with index bloat. There are also
a number of performance benefits to using more recent versions of postgres.

If you want some more specific help you should show us explain analyse
resulta for some of your slow queries.