Re: Limit + group + join

From: Tobias Brox <tobias(at)nordicbet(dot)com>
To: Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)paradise(dot)net(dot)nz>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Tobias Brox <tobias(at)nordicbet(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Limit + group + join
Date: 2005-08-28 01:42:40
Lists: pgsql-performance

[Tom Lane]
> I looked into this and (...) I've committed some changes that hopefully will
> let 8.1 be smarter about GROUP BY ... LIMIT queries.

[Mark Kirkwood]
> Very nice :-)
(...)
> This is 8.1devel from today.

Splendid :-) Unfortunately we will not be upgrading for some monthes still,
but anyway I'm happy. This provides yet another good argument for upgrading
sooner. I'm also happy to see such a perfect match:

- A problem that can be reduced from beeing complex and
production-specific, to simple and easily reproducible.

- Enthusiastic people testing it and pinpointing even more precisely what
conditions will cause the condition

- Programmers actually fixing the issue

- Testers verifying that it was fixed

Long live postgresql! :-)

--
Notice of Confidentiality: This email is sent unencrypted over the network,
and may be stored on several email servers; it can be read by third parties