BUG #1843: pg_restore -O restores lowercase schemanaam

From: "D(dot)J(dot) Kniep" <dick(at)kniep(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1843: pg_restore -O restores lowercase schemanaam
Date: 2005-08-23 11:04:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1843
Logged by: D.J. Kniep
Email address: dick(at)kniep(dot)nl
PostgreSQL version: 7.4.8
Operating system: Linux (SuSE 9.3)
Details:

I make a backup using

pg_dump -f /tmp/dumpdb -F c -Z 5 cvix

When I try to restore this file, it fails with

postgres(at)linux:/tmp> pg_restore -O -d cvix2 /tmp/dumpdb
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: schema "Lindix"

does not exist

After checking, the schema lindix does exist (Note the lowercase l), but is
empty.

If I turn on statement logging, I see the following when running
pg_restore -O:

CREATE SCHEMA Test;

If I run pg_restore without -O, I see the following:

CREATE SCHEMA "Test" AUTHORIZATION postgres;

Off course this should be
CREATE SCHEMA "Test";