Re: how to protect root access database

From: "Amrit Angsusingh" <amrit(at)chaiyo(dot)com>
To: postgresql admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: how to protect root access database
Date: 2005-08-13 15:06:08
Lists: pgsql-admin

There is no way to completely prevent those root to acces the database , because root by the meaning is the person to totally control all of the activities in this server include the database. I suggest you to seperate such an important database from those root by the hardware.
Amrit

i have database with critical data (such patient information)
how can i protect my database from root access
because this host in company can access with root from many person
(person who manage some service application on host but must not access this
patient information)

thank you