Re: openbsd, plpython, missing threading symbols

From: Marko Kreen <marko(at)l-t(dot)ee>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: openbsd, plpython, missing threading symbols
Date: 2005-08-13 09:25:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 10:27:16PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Where are we going with this patch? It doesn't test specific OS's known
> to fail.

I hoped people more familiar with the problem would tune it...

Here is updated patch where I test specifically
'openbsd*|freebsd*' instead of '*bsd*'. Although
AFAIK all BSD's use similar libc/libc_r setup so
*bsd* should have been fine.

Also I 'clarified' the error message a bit.

There is one notable feature of this patch - it will check
for threaded Python on all platforms and print the result,
this hopefully helps tracking problems on other platforms too.

--
marko

Attachment Content-Type Size
pythread2.diff text/plain 869 bytes