Re: Bug in canonicalize_path()

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: William ZHANG <uniware(at)zedware(dot)org>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug in canonicalize_path()
Date: 2005-08-12 20:04:56
Lists: pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:
> > OK, here is a version that errors out that I just applied and reversed
> > out when I saw your email. Feel free to use it or discard it.
>
> Sorry about that --- should have tried to mail you a bit sooner.
>
> BTW, what's with the postmaster.c change? Seems mistaken.

Actually, it is a cleanup. The original path.c::get_progname() used an
exit() call in WIN32 because it didn't have frontend/backend-specific
code. With specific versions, I could return a NULL from get_progname
and print a relivant message in postmaster.c on failure. I doubt it
would ever happen, but it was a cleanup. It isn't significant enough to
justify making a server-specific version of path.c on its own, however.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us