BUG #1816: Insert null values on a null field

From: "Rafael BArrios" <rbarrios(at)emdis(dot)net(dot)co>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1816: Insert null values on a null field
Date: 2005-08-09 21:43:15
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1816
Logged by: Rafael BArrios
Email address: rbarrios(at)emdis(dot)net(dot)co
PostgreSQL version: 8.02
Operating system: FEdora Core 2
Details:

I have a table wich is referenced as foreing key for others, the problem is,
in my case my table is composed of 4 fields, 2 of them are FK but all of
them are not null by definition. If i insert the data for the FK and leave
the other 2 empty (null), the DB accept and insert the record without any
problem.