Re: VACUUM DATABASE

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: VACUUM DATABASE
Date: 2005-07-27 23:09:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 11:41:24PM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:

> Forgive me if this is wrong, but I took that Alvaro was applying a
> "reductio ad absurdum" argument (i.e. taking the piss). I laughed
> heartily at the thought of LAZY becoming a PostgreSQL keyword.

Ah, well, actually you are wrong, I was really suggesting that keyword
because that's what we call the feature. It doesn't sound that bad to
me, but if you laughed at it then maybe it's really a bad idea.

"All rings of power are equal,
But some rings of power are more equal than others."
(George Orwell's The Lord of the Rings)