Re: [HACKERS] Enticing interns to PostgreSQL

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Jeff Davis <jdavis-pgsql(at)empires(dot)org>
Cc: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>, Chris Travers <chris(at)travelamericas(dot)com>, PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Enticing interns to PostgreSQL
Date: 2005-07-27 12:21:57
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 20:59:11 -0700,
Jeff Davis <jdavis-pgsql(at)empires(dot)org> wrote:

> Also, I think what's more important to MySQL than pretty much anything
> else is that slashdot uses MySQL and everyone knows it. If somehow

I thought that was good promotion for databases other than MySQL.
Slashcode is not known as being a great piece of code. I see errors
returned occasionally (probably less than 1 / 1000 page loads) and
I see complaints that it does not generate standard html, but I haven't
personally looked at what a standards checker says about its output.