Re: Couple of minor buildfarm issues

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Couple of minor buildfarm issues
Date: 2005-07-25 23:41:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 07:06:33PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> >Well, the config options are always sent back in status reports... maybe
> >if there was just a summary page that listed what those options were on
> >a per-report basis; or even maybe diffing between reports to show
> >changes.
> >

> It's listed at the top of every log page. I am not sure where we should
> put it on other pages - the dashboard page is pretty full now - adding 2
> or 3 lines per machine to reflect the config options doesn't sound like
> a good idea. At one stage I thought of stealing some vertical space for
> 8 or 10 columns of 10 pixels or so to show the state of the most
> importand build flag. I still might do that, if I can standardise the OS
> and Compiler info so that they get shorter (e.g. is just knowing that we
> have gcc n.m.o enough, or do we need the longer info produced by gcc -v?
> I'm inclined to reduce it to n.m.o.)

Oh, I wasn't suggesting on the main status page, just in some way that
it's easy to see a) coverage amongst different machines (so this would
show the latest info for each machine) and b) what changes have been
made on a specific machine in the past. I think those two would cover
most cases.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant decibel(at)decibel(dot)org