Re: How to catch a command

From: "Mike Fahrenkrog" <mikef(at)travelpost(dot)com>
To: "'Humberto Carvalho'" <carvalho(dot)humberto(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to catch a command
Date: 2005-07-22 17:26:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

> On Jul 22, 2005, at 9:13 AM, Humberto Carvalho wrote:

> the db that i use don't have any data, only the structure.
> So i need to send the command to the real databases that are
> in a diferente server.

Interesting architecture. Is not having any data in the front db a design
constraint? If so, based on what -- very limited resources on the front db
server, e.g. embedded or mobile device? Just curious. If the front db server
is not actually constrained, you may want to consider using replication
instead.

As far as I know, your front db would have to contain the data for
replication to work. Perhaps someone knows of a simple or reliable way to
set up Slony replication while keeping data out of the publisher. In
general, though, replication would be the most straightforward and reliable
way to get your data to the "real" database.

Check out:
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/slony1/projdisplay.phpalowing

Regards,
Mike