Re: Someone please step up :)

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>, Joshua Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Someone please step up :)
Date: 2005-07-21 21:16:44
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Robert,

1) Find out who's going to OSCON by soliciting all relevant mailing lists
(this one, -hackers and -general, and asking David Fetter to put a blurb
in PWN).

2) ask people to volunteer for one or more of the following "shifts":

Wednesday 10am - 11:30am
Wednesday 11:30am - 1pm
Wednesday 1pm - 2:30pm
Wednesday 2:30pm - 4:30 pm
Wednesday 6:00pm - 7:30pm (get several people for this one)
Thursday 10am - 11:30am
Thursday 11:30am - 1pm
Thursday 1pm - 2:30pm
Thursday 2:30pm - 4:30 pm

(people will hang out at the booth regardless, but we don't want to have it
be deserted for a couple of hours due to lack of a schedule. Suggest that
they look at the talk schedule
(http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2005/grid/) before committing)

3) Find out what days the employees of SRA and CMD are covering. Figure
out how many people we have covering the booth at what times and ask
people to change their time if the booth is not well-covered (at least 2
people) during some time slots. Lunchtime, the first shift Wednesday, and
the Wednesday evening session are the most important.

4) Compose a schedule ( as a pdf or something ) and distribute it, and
bring copies to the show.

We also need someone to make sure the flyers get printed and are available.
Josh, are you handling that?

--Josh

--
--Josh