Re: More buildfarm stuff

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, girgen(at)FreeBSD(dot)org
Subject: Re: More buildfarm stuff
Date: 2005-07-19 19:56:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 03:47:48PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Jim C. Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org> writes:
> > On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 03:11:31PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> None of those patches are necessary; if they were, we'd be seeing the
> >> failures at the build stage, not at runtime.
>
> > Anyone have any ideas on why octopus is failing then?
>
> Well, the original report said that we needed to link the backend with
> libc_r instead of libc to make libpython happy. If there's not a
> separate "libpthread" on your machine then that may well be the case.
> The question then is whether we are prepared to do that (and risk
> unknown consequences in performance and stability) to support plpython.

Well, I do have /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/libpthread.so.14, though TBH I
have no idea where it came from (it's dated 2002).

I find it kinda hard to believe that no one else is using plpython on
FBSD 4.11, so I'm wondering if this is something specific to my machine,
or if it's an issue that the port somehow takes care of.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant decibel(at)decibel(dot)org