Re: Huge performance problem between 7.4.1 and 8.0.3 - CS issue?

From: Robert Creager <Robert_Creager(at)StorageTek(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: matthew(at)zeut(dot)net, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, Andy Hewitt III <ralph_hewitt_iii(at)StorageTek(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Huge performance problem between 7.4.1 and 8.0.3 - CS issue?
Date: 2005-07-18 18:21:03
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:52:53 -0400

> Start a fresh psql session and "SHOW vacuum_cost_delay" to verify what
> the active setting is.

Thanks. It does show 0 for 803 in a session that was up since I thought I had
HUPed the server with the new value.

This is leading me to believe that 803 doesn't do very well with VACUUM ANALYZE
running often, at least in my particular application... I will provide a more
definitive statement to that affect, hopefully tonight.

Cheers,
Rob