Re: thousands comma numeric formatting in psql

From: Eugen Nedelcu <eugen(at)sifolt(dot)ro>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: thousands comma numeric formatting in psql
Date: 2005-07-15 05:48:14
Lists: pgsql-patches

The new code is broken. Please test it with resonably large tables.
Do not test it with querys like: select -132323435.34343;

If I use a query like:

select * from my_table limit 100;

I can't see anything on my screen until I hit CTRL^C

If I use a pager (\pset pager less) strange things happened:
I can't see anything on my screen, hit CTRL^C, then quit psql,
reset xterm, then less is still running and eat lots of memory and
cpu.

Best Regards,
Eugen