integer and ''

From: Verena Ruff <lists(at)triosolutions(dot)at>
To: "Pgsql-Novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: integer and ''
Date: 2005-07-09 20:20:32
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I am using a php based application with postgresql and now I am in the
progress migrating to pg 8.0.x.

The problem is that this application produces statements like
INSERT INTO table (a, b) VALUES ('1', '')

where a and b are integers. This worked with pg7, but with pg8 I get an error:
invalid value for integer: ''

Is this a changed behaviour in the new version or is there just a parameter in
the config file I don't know?

Thanks in advance,
Verena