HPux 11i

From: Mark Richardson <markmapo(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: HPux 11i
Date: 2005-07-08 16:59:48
Lists: pgsql-ports

I've been having a little trouble with compiling on HP. I compiled version 7.4.5 successfully with the command...
make --without-readline --without-zlib CC=aCC

So now I'm trying 8.0.3 with the same arguments. Everthing compiles and installs, initdb seems to run ok, but when I start the postmaster I get a bunch of errors...
LOG: ordering error in dattktbl table: "ty" >= ""
LOG: ordering error in dattktbl table: "" >= ""

So I built with debug and checked it out...
In datetime.c, function CheckDateTokenTables() the call to CheckDateTokenTable("datetktbl", datetktbl, szdatetktbl) seems correct, but once I step into that function, the parameter datetktbl seems to be incorrect. In CheckDateTokenTables the memory location of datetktbl is 0x4008ec50, while in CheckDateTokenTable the memory location is 0x400.

So I tried compiling the whole thing with cc instead of aCC and postmaster just cores (I haven't thrown the debugger on yet).

Any clues as to what I should try? (I've been perusing the emails for HP ports, and I haven't found my particular issue - I hate it when that happens!).

Thanks in advance