Re: plain inserts and deletes very slow

From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt(at)metux(dot)de>
To: postgresql performance list <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: plain inserts and deletes very slow
Date: 2005-07-08 13:46:39
Lists: pgsql-performance

* Klint Gore <kg(at)kgb(dot)une(dot)edu(dot)au> wrote:

<snip>

> Turn on statement logging. I've seen delphi interfaces do extra queries
> on system tables to find some structure information.

I'm already using statement logging of all queries taking longer
than 200ms. It seems that only the INSERT takes such a time.

The client is in fact written in delphi, and it sometimes seems
to do strange things. For example we had the effect, that some
new fields in some table were regularily NULL'ed. None of the
triggers and rules inside the DB could do that (since there's
no dynamic query stuff) and the delphi application is the only
one writing directly to this table.

cu
Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service
phone: +49 36207 519931 www: http://www.metux.de/
fax: +49 36207 519932 email: contact(at)metux(dot)de
Realtime Forex/Stock Exchange trading powered by postgresSQL :))
http://www.fxignal.net/