Re: OSCON Paid for

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: OSCON Paid for
Date: 2005-06-23 23:45:38
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh,

> Are you going to organize volunteers?
> I will be there, of course. I can help on site,
> but not a lot before hand.

Unlike previous years, this year the exhibit floor will be open to the
public. Which means that we'll need to have people there at all times,
even during the sessions and keynotes.

A schedule at a glance is here:
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2005/grid/

Ideally, booth volunteers should be scheduled around the show schedule,
possibly 2 time slots at a go. So:

Wednesday
10am to 11:30am
11:30am to 1pm
1pm to 2:30pm
2:30pm to 4:30pm
6:00pm to 7:30pm

Thursday
10am to 11:30am
11:30am to 1pm
1pm to 2:30pm
2:30pm to 4:30pm

Of course, all PostgreSQL people would be encouraged to hang out at the
booth whenever they're not busy.

But first, someone needs to put out a call for volunteers. Like I said, I
can't be the contact person because I'll be unavailable July 10th to 20th.

Volunteers?

--Josh

--
__Aglio Database Solutions_______________