Re: Data Migration from Access to Postgresql

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Data Migration from Access to Postgresql
Date: 2005-06-20 16:00:19
Lists: pgsql-novice

a quick look at the docs indicates some possible
problems...

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/sql-copy.html

1. it is recimmended to have OIDs turned off and to
use a serial data type to act as your primary key,
unique identifier. do you have OIDs turned off?

this might help you...

http://www.frankhilliard.com/serialstory.cfm

2. "COPY FROM will raise an error if any line of the
input file contains more or fewer columns than are
expected. If OIDS is specified, the OID is read or
written as the first column, preceding the user data
columns." IOW, every line must have the exact amount
of data sets as columns in the db.