Re: logfile for psql patch update

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: lsunley(at)mb(dot)sympatico(dot)ca
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: logfile for psql patch update
Date: 2005-06-14 03:04:28
Lists: pgsql-patches

lsunley(at)mb(dot)sympatico(dot)ca wrote:
> This update replaces the previous patch for the psql logfile option
>
> The print.c routine is also built into src/bin/scripts
>
> The ifdef USE_LOGFILE wrapper is to keep out compile errors when the
> routine is linked into programs other than psql

I have applied the psql -L logging patch, thanks, but I made a few changes.

Instead of using a Makefile flag, I properly isolated print.c by passing
in the log file descriptor. I had to modify printQuery() and
printTable() to pass the log file descriptor.

I see no need for the \set LOGFILE value --- it didn't allow you to
specify the log file name or turn on logging. I think the -L flag is
sufficient.

I modified the OS2 test so the WIN32 code is run. Please let me know if
that works.

The **** you used at the top and bottom of the query was similar to the
existing single-step printing style we already have, so it seemed OK.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 18.5 KB