Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.
Date: 2005-06-10 15:47:08
Lists: pgsql-www

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>> That said, personally I think people are vastly overestimating the
>>> work needed to just stick a WYSIWYG editor into the current
>> framework
>>> and be done with it. I know I did one of these for work a couple of
>>> weeks back, and it took me *2 hours*. I looked into using
>> it straight
>>> up for the postgresql site, but I got stuck on the HTML
>> validation stuff.
>>
>> 'k, I think that *overall* this is our biggest issue ... Dave
>> was proposing "lets move techdocs and then worry about the
>> WYSIWYG editor", which, a large portion of us disagree with
>> ... the WYSIWYG editor needs to be in place *before* moving
>> techdocs, so that the migration isn't on just a couple of
>> ppls shoulders ...
>
> Ok. Works for me.
>

>> Now, if you can throw together something in a couple of
>> hours, that satisfies everyone's concerns ... ?
>
> Well, one of the most difficult things is how do we deal with the
> navigation of these pages. And *this* I cannot do in a couple of hours
> :P

Well, I think that Gevik was already prepared to deal with that aspect ...
the only 'hold back' anyone seems to have been voicing is a means for a
non-HTML programmer to submit/add articles without requiring an HTML
programmer to do the mark up ...

Its just, from my point of view, the WYSIWYG that is missing ...

----