Re: OSCON and pg_live

From: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: OSCON and pg_live
Date: 2005-06-08 19:01:20
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On June 8, 2005 02:39 pm, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Robert Bernier wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > I've been talking to Massimiliano Stucchi who is the maintainer of
> > FreeSBIE, the BSD live CD, http://www.freesbie.org/, and about porting my
> > work to his distro in time for OSCON. The BSD community intends to make a
> > first time appearance at the convention and I think porting the postgres
> > live-cd over to a live-bsd distro will go a long way for everybody. In
> > the mean time the latest version of pg_live is available on the SRA site
> > at http://sraapowergres.com/en/downloads/pg_live.1.3.3-SRAA.iso.torrent ,
> > via bit-torrent.
>
> Seriously, no disrespect to BSD people but how will moving the live CD
> to BSD be a benifit to anyone greator than the Linux version?

I haven't abandonned the live original pg_live linux based distro. At the same time if there's anything I've learned in life is that you should always take the opportunity to build bridges when you can.

FYI I'm a Linux user and not a BSD person but I do hang around with a number of them and I find my connections are usefull, profitable and sometimes even just plain fun.

cheers

Robert