Re: [IMPORTANT] OSCON 1 or 2 booths?

From: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [IMPORTANT] OSCON 1 or 2 booths?
Date: 2005-06-07 17:38:07
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On June 7, 2005 01:01 pm, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I am not sure it is going to be that much larger than previously. In
> fact, it hasn't increased in size in a few years, and is smaller in some
> respects like the number of talks.
>
> Even at Linuxworld I think we are better with one booth.

There's going to be a total of 60 booths, commercial and opensource, at OSCON 2005.

There's a lot to be said having two booths at the same convention but on thinking back at Linux world this past February I realised that having more than one kind of group working the booth was one of the factors that made it work, For that matter, last year's OSCON had guys from all over the place which I think really added to it's success too.

There's a better opportunity for networking if we concentrate on one location rather than two.

And then of course we can really spruce up the booth by pooling our resources, remember the elephants we had hanging overhead?

cheers

Robert Bernier