Re: libpq API incompatibility between 7.4 and 8.0

From: Martin Pitt <mpitt(at)debian(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: libpq API incompatibility between 7.4 and 8.0
Date: 2005-06-07 07:16:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Hi!

Bruce Momjian [2005-06-06 21:23 -0400]:

> Is this a direction we want to explore --- using the SONAME as part of
> the translation domain?

If that would go upstream, so much the better. I already do it in the
Debian and Ubuntu packages since I don't have any choice anyway, and
it's not really hard to maintain. But if it would go upstream, other
vendors might benefit from that as well.

However, as Alvaro already said, the patch should probably be refined
to take the SONAME from the Makefile somehow instead of hardcoding it.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Martin

--
Martin Pitt http://www.piware.de