aWebBiz Newsletter - AdSense Followup

From: Barry(at)awebbiz(dot)com
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: aWebBiz Newsletter - AdSense Followup
Date: 2005-05-28 19:20:18
Lists: pgsql-committers

aWebBiz Newsletter
"Learn the Marketing and Sales Techniques of the Business World"

There seems to be some changes going on with Google's
AdSense revenue.

As I stated in my last newsletter I've been making excellent
AdSense revenue from high priced keywords. Earlier this
month I actually made a little over $36 for one AdSense ad
click. I also had quite a few AdSense clicks that paid over
$20 each. My AdSense revenue is over $2,000 so far this
month, but my earnings have slowed down.

About 6 days ago my AdSense revenue started to decrease. No
longer was I getting large amounts for AdSense clicks. In
fact, most of my AdSense clicks are now paying me less than
$1.

At first I thought the decrease in revenue might be because
I was using a generic type of Web site that wasn't targeting
any one niche market, but had many Web pages targeting a
variety of high priced keywords. So, the first thing I did
was to buy a new domain name and build a theme based Web
site that only targeted high priced keywords in just one
niche market. Well, that didn't help. I still wasn't making
very much for my AdSense ad clicks.

I don't feel bad about buying the extra domain and building
the new Web site because I always have wondered if a theme
based Web site would generate higher AdSense clicks than a
generic Web site targeting the same keywords. Well, now I
know, it doesn't. The only thing that matters seems to be
the individual Web page and the keywords you target on that
Web page.

So, I don't know what is happening. Perhaps Google is
keeping most of the profits now? Or perhaps this is just a
temporary situation and the high pay outs will return? To
tell you the truth I don't have an answer.

I just wanted to bring it to everyone's attention in case
others were putting in the time and effort building Web
pages targeting high priced keywords. The bottom line is
that if you aren't paying for traffic it really doesn't
matter, but if you are buying traffic then you have to be
aware that at the present time Google AdSense doesn't seem
to be paying very much for high priced keywords.

If this is a permanent situation then the solution might be
to switch to Yahoo's contextual program as soon as it is
available, which I think will be soon. Perhaps Yahoo will
give higher pay outs or the competition from Yahoo might
cause Google to raise their pay outs for high priced
keywords again.

In any event, if none of the contextual ads pay out higher
amounts then perhaps it might be necessary to forget about
using contextual ads and concentrate on just marketing
affiliate products on your Web pages. Only time will tell,
but one of your goals should be to have multiple streams of
income and to be flexible since you never know when things
will change.

By the way, I just received an e-mail from Ken Evoy
announcing an updated Affiliate Masters Course, which is
still free. You can download it here:
http://aff-masters.sitesell.com/bs.html

Have a great weekend!

Best regards,