getting lock information

From: Himanshu Baweja <himanshubaweja(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: getting lock information
Date: 2005-05-24 17:19:53
Lists: pgsql-general

I wanted to see which tables/transaction have acquired or are waiting for which locks....
as far as i know there are two ways to do it....

1) pg_locks ::: need to write trigger... and have high overhead...

2) trace_locks,trace_lwlocks ... etc etc.... ::: well for this my server says undefined parameters... so as far as i know i need to rebuild the server with some flag...

is there any other better way by which i can get a list of locks acquired and waited for during entire run of my application....

thx
Himanshu