Re: Server instrumentation for 8.1

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Server instrumentation for 8.1
Date: 2005-05-12 17:04:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andreas,

> First, as some other msg states the views will estimate the sizes,
> dbsize uses actual file sizes. Second, in contrast to CKL, I would *not*
> use these fancy new system views, because they mean yet another
> dependency for pgAdmin.

<grin> I like that. You're in favor of including the server tools because
you, personally, use them. You're against including the new system views
because you, personally, won't use them. Do I misunderstand you, or are you
failing to put things in a broader context?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions