'kitchen sink' downloads (Was: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement)

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 'kitchen sink' downloads (Was: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement)
Date: 2005-05-05 20:22:54
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 5 May 2005, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Marc,
>
>> all released at the same time, and tag'd the same way, and available under
>> the same ftp directory ...
>
> Hmmm. As licensing permits, I think we should also offer a "kitchen sink"
> download for those who want it. Which a lot of people will.

'k, how do you envision this? I can do a very simple "export" into the
same directory and tar it all up, but if you are thinking of something
like recreating the existing directory structure, with plphp being in
src/pl/plphp, and that sort of thing, that could be a bit more tricky ...
not from a CVS/packaging perspective, since I've done that before, but
running ./configure at the top level directory won't pick up them up and
configure them, since they are all configured using their own ...

I've seen some projects where configure *calls* configure in sub
directories ... but that becomes a build issue if someone wants to try and
tackle that?

if directory src/pl/php exists, run configure in there with current args?

----