Re: last value[Scanned]

From: Pawel Bernat <asm(at)vlo(dot)olsztyn(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: last value[Scanned]
Date: 2005-05-05 07:57:18
Lists: pgsql-php

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 04:39:27PM -0300, Roni Warken wrote:
> Right Pawel! If I get the current value, my DB could crash in the next
> insertion.
>
> What about the trigger? Where do I get some examples to practice?but
It all depends on your needs :)
To save data integrity, you have at least three basic solutions:
a) put all queries into transaction. If someting fails in next
step, first insert will be canceled,
b) write a stored procedure (containing all necessary queries)
in a database side, and call this proc in your application,
c) create trigger on table - if your second query doesn't need
extra parameters coming from application.

Samples for a) and b) are in the documentation / examples in postgres
package. You have to choose a procedural language first (PHP is available).

--
Paweł Bernat; uselessness' lover;
select'<asm'||chr(64)||'asm'||'.'||'flynet'||chr(46)||'pl>'as email;