Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)skype(dot)net>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement
Date: 2005-04-29 03:13:14
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

Hannu,

> But I too expected the discussion to take place on pgsql-hackers, not
> some half-hidden mailinglist on pgfoundry. Or at least an announcement
> of that mailinglist to be made on pgsql-hachers.

Yeah, we should announce the mailing list. Actually, I did direct e-mail a
bunch of people (including you) about it and invite them to the mailing list.
So: http://pgfoundry.org/mail/?group_id=1000107

For discussing potential features, though, I'm personally reluctant at this
point to discuss major features until I and my collaborators (example,
newsysviews) have a concrete proposal together. It's far too easy to get
sidetracked into a discussion of minutia and politics on -hackers; by
generating a complete draft spec (at least) on a small mailing list, it's a
lot easier to focus on specific goals and schedules, and discussions on
hackers around detailed proposals tend to be a lot more focused.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions