Re: Official ODBC announcement

From: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Official ODBC announcement
Date: 2005-04-28 14:07:52
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Mark,

ISTR you putting your hand up not long ago, proposing
to do some work on the current driver. Have you
managed to get to that, or if not, is there any
prospect of it?

As a general comment on this
to-my-eyes-excessively-overwrought discussion: my
perception is that the existing driver works pretty
will for 99% of users, albeit with workarounds
necessary for some kinds of functionality. The main
problem is the lack of a maintainer. And yes, the
code could benefit from rewriting in some places. But
I wonder whether the problem is as bad as the
discussion suggests.