Re: starting/running postgres...

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: bruce <bedouglas(at)earthlink(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: starting/running postgres...
Date: 2005-04-26 01:56:21
Lists: pgsql-php

[Please copy the mailing list on replies so others can contribute
to and learn from discussions.]

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 06:39:20PM -0700, bruce wrote:

> i do have a question though. short of modifying the init.d/postgresql file
> with the "-i" option, is there another better way to resolve the issue...

If that is indeed the problem then edit postgresql.conf and change
the appropriate settings (see my previous message for the names of
settings to look at). Here are links to the relevant sections in
the 8.0 and 7.4 documentation; if you're using a different version
then see that version's documentation.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/runtime-config.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/interactive/runtime-config.html

--