Re: plperl user function

From: Kenneth Marshall <ktm(at)it(dot)is(dot)rice(dot)edu>
To: Keith Worthington <keithw(at)narrowpathinc(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: plperl user function
Date: 2005-04-22 12:41:30
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Keith,

The untrusted language function is not neccessarily any less
secure than the trusted language function. You just need to
vet the function more carefully because it is allowed access
to the local filesystem and other system functions. Once the
function is created, only those who are given execute permission
can run it.

Ken