Efficient Frontier jobs posting

From: "Anil Kamath" <anil(at)efrontier(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Efficient Frontier jobs posting
Date: 2005-04-19 17:41:50
Lists: pgsql-jobs

I would appreciate if you can post this on the jobs mailing list.
Thanks
Anil

Efficient Frontier applies advanced quantitative algorithms to the
optimization of large advertising campaigns on Google, Yahoo!, MSN and other
search engines. We currently manage well over a hundred million dollars in
annual marketing spend. We have three of the top five global ecommerce sites
as our clients. Underpinning our service is large amounts of data and a body
of mathematical and computational algorithms developed by some of the
brightest minds in this field. We are looking for an exceptional data
engineer to help build on this success.
The work required falls in 3 areas:

1. Logical and physical database design including defining schemas, views
and strategies for database implementation (e.g., indices, hashing,
partitioning and replication). Implementation of database design -
configure, tune, test, and maintain PostgreSQL database.

2. Establish, analyze and optimize approaches to load and extract data from
the database including development of corresponding tools. Create standards
and approaches for online and batch data access.

3. Provide support and help to application developers that access the
database. Applications are written in Python on BSD/Linux platforms.

Skills required include:

* Expertise in PostgreSQL
* Knowledge of database design and optimization best practices
* Strong BSD/Linux experience, ability to write Python scripts

Please contact me directly by email.
jobs+anil(at)efrontier(dot)com