Re: inset html data into text column

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: "rui(dot)justino" <rui(dot)justino(at)netcabo(dot)pt>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: inset html data into text column
Date: 2005-04-19 03:29:59
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 10:28:39AM +0100, rui.justino wrote:

> I have a table with a column of type text with no limitation of
> caracters, that i'm trying to insert html formatted text into but
> the text gets truncated.

How are you inserting the HTML? How are you determining that the
text is truncated? How many characters are in the truncated text?
Have you used length() to see how much text is in the table? Is
it possible that all the text is there and the client is truncating
it for output?

> for the moment i have tested with psycopg, pgsql and pgAdmin III.
> always getting the same result.

I don't use pgAdmin but I recall people saying that it truncates
output. Are you sure the psycopg and psql (? -- you said "pgsql")
tests are correct? Could you post a simple test case that shows
exactly what you did?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/