Re: Postgresql suitable replacement (Win 1GB / 100GB +

From: "Jussi Mikkola" <jussi(dot)mikkola(at)bonware(dot)com>
To: "Sanjay Jain" <sminni_news(at)minisoftindia(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql suitable replacement (Win 1GB / 100GB +
Date: 2005-04-19 06:59:39
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi,

I would be more worried of whether windows is the right choise. Slow
connections to sites, Win2000 server environment etc. Are you sure windows is
stable and managerable enough for this?

Atleast the win2000 I use, gets a blue screen every now and then. (A laptop)
And then you have to worry about viruses etc. And often when you do that, you
need to restart the computer. Not to mention, if you are able to get a virus.

Sorry, I have no experience about PosgreSQL on windows.

Rgs,

Jussi