Re: Name that project contest!

From: Darcy Buskermolen <darcy(at)wavefire(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Name that project contest!
Date: 2005-04-09 00:03:12
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Friday 08 April 2005 16:25, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Very soon, I will be launching a sponsored project around optimizing
> PostgreSQL for Business Intelligence, Decision Support and Data Warehousing
> applications. One problem we've had is coming up with a name for this
> project. Suggestions so far have included "P.G.B.I." and "PostGreen",
> but nothing has really grabbed us.
>
> So, I'm offering a $50 Amazon gift certificate if anyone can come up with a
> really catchy, apt, not-trademarked-by-someone-else name by 5pm PDT Sunday
> April 10.
>
> Ready, get set, go!

To rehash some of the ideas already presented on IRC

proboscis
manatees
Loxodonta
Proboscidea
Tethytheria

Also I'd recommend staying away from those ideas that have religious
connotations such as Ganesha so as not to offend any particular religious
customer.

--
Darcy Buskermolen
Wavefire Technologies Corp.