BUG #1581: Problem with capitalised DB names...

From: "Marcus v(dot) Scotti" <m(dot)scotti(at)fry-it(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1581: Problem with capitalised DB names...
Date: 2005-04-05 17:09:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1581
Logged by: Marcus v. Scotti
Email address: m(dot)scotti(at)fry-it(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 7.4.7
Operating system: Linux
Details:

When trying to grant database privileges to a group of users there is no way
to do this if the database name is capitalised (i.e. db-name = Test). The
error message when performing the grant operation:

grant all on DATABASE test to group tgroup;

is:

ERROR: database "test" does not exist

I have used capitalisation an a number of databases, so this now seems to
require me to rename them all in to lower-case...