BUG #1579: DO NOT CONNECT

From: "Byron Zambrano" <bfzambrano(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)mx>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1579: DO NOT CONNECT
Date: 2005-04-04 19:41:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1579
Logged by: Byron Zambrano
Email address: bfzambrano(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)mx
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.1
Operating system: Win Xp Service Pack 2
Details:

Hello my name is Byron Zambrano I like programming and I use PostgreSQL
8,0,1 for Windows. The operating system from my computer is Win Xp.

PostgreSQL works perfectly if the Win Xp does not have installed Service
Pack, the problem occurs when Win Xp has Service Pack 1 or 2. PostgreSQL
does not activate or doesnt work and it presents Error.

I would like to know why it happens

Thanks for your collaboration and I expect your answer.