Many persistant client connections

From: lst_hoe01(at)kwsoft(dot)de
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Many persistant client connections
Date: 2005-03-30 07:05:33
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello

i would like to know if there is something like the Oracle "shared server"
possible with PostgreSQL. I have searched the archives but have not found any
real discussion regarding this.

We have two CTI applications opening 2-3 persistant connections to the address
server (PostgreSQL). With 100 clients we get around 400 persistant connections
eating up the server memory and have nothing to work most of the time.

Thanxs for any help

Andreas