Re: when using a bound cursor, error found...

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: dsyoon(at)metasoftworks(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: when using a bound cursor, error found...
Date: 2005-03-30 07:29:00
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 08:49:49PM +0900, ?????? wrote:
> I 'll use a bound cursor with parameters.
> But when I use such a cursor, I found a error.
> I don't know error message.

It's usually a good idea to post the error message. In most cases
it should say what's wrong, or at least where something's wrong.

> DECLARE
> p_param1 VARCHAR;
> p_param1 VARCHAR;

You've declared the same variable twice; the second declaration
should be p_param2.

> OPEN cur_test(p_param2);
>
> for rec_test in cur_test loop

I don't think you can iterate over a cursor this way. Rather than
use an explicit cursor, why not use "FOR rec_test IN SELECT ..."?
FOR loops automatically use cursors so you don't have to open one
yourself. But if you want to use a cursor then you could do
something like this:

OPEN cur_test(p_param2);

LOOP
FETCH cur_test INTO rec_test;