Re: Consultants/support company list

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Consultants/support company list
Date: 2005-03-20 19:32:20
Lists: pgsql-www

Robert, Magnus,

> > b) it unfairly discriminates against SRA and Pervasive
> >and in favor of AglioDBS and CMD.
>
> No matter how it's ordered, it will discriminate against someone. Unless
> you want to do random order that changes every time the mirrors update?
> I think something predictable is better, and nobody can really argue
> that alphabetically isn't a standard way to rder things :-)

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have *any* order. The problem with alpha
order is only in the "one-big-list" variety where one needs to scroll down
through 12 screens of listings before one even reaches SRA. If we divide
it up by region, then the scrolling problem is fixed.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions