Re: Consultants/support company list

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Consultants/support company list
Date: 2005-03-18 17:07:23
Lists: pgsql-www

Robert, Magnus,

> Well... I guess the other option is to just list everybody
> alphabetically by default (like we do on techdocs) with "filter" links
> that show the list of folks who provide support (both local and
> globally) for a given region.

Well, I have two suggestions:
1) Do it the way Magnus has suggested, where "Worldwide Support" is its own
"Region".

2) Divvy it up by language instead.

I don't like the idea of an strict alphabetical listing on one page, because:
a) that's way too much scrolling, especially as the list of companies grows,
and
b) it unfairly discriminates against SRA and Pervasive and in favor of
AglioDBS and CMD.

Also, when I get requests for support off the web site, they tend to be for
a) a particular language, or
b) a particular area/country

--
Josh Berkus