Re: more concurrency information in the documentation

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Merlin Moncure <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: more concurrency information in the documentation
Date: 2005-03-14 17:42:48
Lists: pgsql-docs

Merlin Moncure wrote:
> I was looking for some good documentation resources on dealing with
> database concurrency issues online and I stumbled across this gem from
> Microsoft:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/h
> tml/concurev4M.asp
>
> In it is a kind of 'best practices' in dealing with various concurrency
> issues in the 'real world' i.e. a business environment. Would a
> similarly structured document covering concurrency issues be acceptable
> in the PostgreSQL documentation?

I read the headings on the page and read the first line of each section,
and had very little idea what they were talking about. What exactly
would you like to cover? It seems more like concurrency basics rather
than something we would have in our docs. Perhaps we should like to
more outside documentation, but the URL you provided is so content-light
that I would not recommend it.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us